TPI is the world's leading educational organization dedicated to the study of how the human body functions in relation to the golf swing.
TPI seeks to educate golf industry professionals and the playing public on the importance of the body and how it relates to the golf swing.
Why TPI Certification?
I chose TPI certification because of a desire to continue to ask WHY. Prior to certification I studied golf swings and my students like many and I taught golf similarly as well. Watching the swing, studying video and then giving basic ques to try to change improper “looking” positions.
I am different than many. I wanted my students to improve faster and I wanted to have an answer as to why when they didn’t. TPI has been instrumental in helping me to assess and answer WHY. I can often explain WHY you cannot swing as many other golf instructors tell you to through a simple physical TPI Movement Screen. Twelve physical tests can very clearly help me to formulate a proper development plan based upon your physical abilities. TPI doesn’t try to develop perfect golf swings but instead try’s to maximize the potential of YOUR golf swing.
Keys to Ball Striking & Efficiency
There are 3 keys to good ball striking:
1) Good Kinematic Sequence – This is the key to consistency and accuracy.
(Click here to learn more about the Kinematic Sequence)
2) Good Segmental Stabilization – This is the key to power.
3) Center Faced, Square Faced ball/club contact
There are 3 key efficiency breakdowns:
1) Poor Mechanics
– Use of video swing analysis to isolate mechanical breakdowns
2) Poor Conditioning
– Use physical screen to isolate any limitations in the body
3) Poor Equipment
– Use club fitting to determine the best specifications for the player